We have just returned from a lovely vacation....Gulf Shores, AL! The perfect destination for an Illinois family looking to get away from clouds, snow, rain, and cold days (and even colder nights!). Bye to gray skies, and hello to sand, surf, and sun!
- Get up around 8 a.m. and eat breakfast.
- Get dressed for the beach.
- Lounge and play on the beach.
- Lunch and a nap around 11:30. (A nap for Miss E and her mama!)
- Get up around 3:00 and eat a snack. Get dressed for the day.....
- Go out to dinner.
- Come back to the condo, eat dessert, watch tv, read, and chat.
We stayed on the eighth floor of an oceanfront condo with my aunt and uncle who snowbird in Gulf Shores for three months every winter. My little sister and her husband came with us. Our place was full of laughter and lots of chocolate!
Getting away for six days was exactly what we needed. We had time to just BE.